Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Author: Rusty Angell
Looking for a way to spice up your coffee for Fall? Try making a Pumpkin Pie Spiced Simple Syrup to add to any of your coffee beverages! You can also add this to hot apple cider.
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
1. Combine all ingredients in medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Once it has started boiling, remove from heat and let cool.
3. Strain through a cheesecloth and pour into a bottle.
4. Add 1-2 oz of syrup to your favorite coffee beverage for a tasty treat any time of the day. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg for an extra special touch.
Rusty Angell Bio
Rusty Angell, BUNN Field Correspondent, has a unique job responsibility for BUNN: get out of the office and listen. Well, maybe it is not quite as simple as that, but essentially Rusty lives coffee by talking and working with baristas around the world. Rusty began his career in coffee as a barista in 2006 in Greensboro, North Carolina. It was as a barista that Rusty had his first ‘aha” moment with coffee, with an Ethiopian Harrar. From that moment Rusty’s passion for coffee was ignited. Since 2006, Rusty’s has held numerous different positions in the coffee industry including barista, café manager, and customer service & training specialist for a roaster. Today Rusty is the BUNN Field correspondent. As Field Correspondent Rusty not only talks and works with baristas around the world, but he serves as a resource for baristas using trifecta, a commercial BUNN machine that unlocks the nuances of coffee by an Air Infusion single cup process. In addition to his experience, Rusty currently holds Level 1 certification with the Barista Guild of America.