Make Mother’s Day extra sweet this year with a delicious Chocolate Coffee Pie. This delicious easy to make is perfect to share, and will put a smile on mom’s face!
Chocolate Coffee Pie
Recipe taken from Adventures in Coffee cookbook.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1- 8ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’ sugar , sifted
- 14 ounces frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ½-4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup coffee concentrate
- Grated chocolate for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in ¾ cup of walnuts, Press mixture evenly over bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese on low speed until fluffy; beat in confectioners’ sugar and half od the thawed whipped topping. Spread over crust. Chill.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and coffee concentrate, then beat with rotary beater for 2 minutes. Spoon over the chilled cream cheese layer. Chill until firm, several hours or overnight. Top with remaining thawed whipped topping. Sprinkle with remained chopped nuts and grated chocolate.
Yield: 8 servings.